JTC has published scientific articles in international journals concerning truffles in Finland with an international group of scientists from different countries such as Italy, China, US, Slovenia, Libya, Hungary, Tunisia, India, Egypt etc., as a co-authors. Some of those publication are presented here.
In 2015 JTC published three articles about truffle microbiology and truffles extracellular enzymatic activity from different origin. JTC researchers were the first group worldwide whom published such work.
The successful cultivation of Tuber aestivum/uncinatum in the boreal region of Finland was published in Mycological Progress (2013)
Few of those scientific articles were presented Finnish wild truffles that has not been published early such as Tuber anniae which has been published in FUNGAL ECOLOGY (2013): Morphological mycorrhizal and molecular characterization of Finnish truffles belonging to the Tuber anniae species-complex.
Tuber foetidum a white truffle was found growing naturally in Finnish forests. This truffle species was published in Mycotoxin (2013) with a collaboration of Hungarian colleagues: Tuber foetidum found in Finland .
• Fermentation production of extracellular amylase from novel amylase produces, Tuber maculatum mycelium and its characterization (2018). Dattatray Bedade, Jan Deska, Sandip Bankar, Samir Bejar, Rekha Singhal, Salem Shamekh. Accepted by Preparative Biochemistry & Biotechnology Journal. (June, 2018)
- Characterization of natural habitats and diversity of Libyan desert trufﬂes (2017). Mohamed Bouzadi, Tine Grebenc, Ossi Turunen, Hojka Kraigher, Hassan Taib, Abdulhaﬁed Alafai, Imed Sbissi, Mamdouh El Haj Assad, Dattatray Bedade, Salem Shamekh. 3 Biotech 7:328
- Extracellular xylanase production from a new xylanase producer Tuber mycelium under submerged fermentation and its characterization (2017). Dattatray Bedadea, Oksana Berezinab, Rekha Singhalc, Jan Deskad, Salem Shamekh. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnplogy 11:288-293
- Enzymatic extraction and characterization of polysaccharide from Tuber aestivum (2017). Devshri U. Bhotmange, Janne H. Wallenius, Rekha S. Singhala, Salem S. Shamekh. Bioactive Carbohydrate and Dietary Fiber 10:1-9
- Effect of gamma irradiation and heat treatment on the artificial contamination of maize grains by Aspergillus flavus Link NRRL 5906 (2017). Mohamed Albuzaudi, Tero Eerik€ainen, Ossi Turunen, Mohamed Ghelawi, M. El Haj Assad, M. Tawalbeh, Dattatary Bedade, Salem Shamekh. Journal of Stored Products Research:71,57-63.
- Biochemical Characterization of Extracellular Cellulase from Tuber maculatum Mycelium Produced under Submerged Fermentation (2016). Dattatray K. Bedade, Rekha S. Singhal, Ossi Turunen, Jan Deska, & Salem Shamekh. Appl Biochem Biotechnol :2248-8.
- Effects of some environmental parameters on Mycelia Growth of Finnish truffle Tuber Maculatum (2016). Matab Nadim, Neila Saidi, Ibrahim W. Hasani, YY El Banna, Omar Samir, M. El Haj Assad, Salem Shamekh. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 3 (8):1-5.
- Endogenous Bacteria of Tuber aestivum Ascocarps are Potential Biocontrol Agents of Microbial Post-Harvest Deterioration of Truffles (2016). Neila Saidi, Shweta Deshaware, Ilef Ben Romdhane, Matab Nadim, Heikki Ojamo, Robert Kremer, Salem Shamekh. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 2 (7):97-106.
- Endogenous Starter Bacteria Associated to Chanterelle Mycelia Enhance Aroma, color and growth of mycelia (2016). Neila Saidi, Shweta Deshaware, Ilef Ben Romdhane, Matab Nadim, Marwa Laaribi, Abdelkader Ltifi, Robert Kremer, Salem Shamekh. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 3 (9):58-65.
- Extracellular Enzymatic Activity of Tuber maculatum and Tuber aestivum Mycelia (2015). Matab Nadim, Shweta Deshaware, Neila Saidi, Mohamed A. Abd-Elhakeem, Heikki Ojamo, Salem Shamekh. Advances in Microbiology, 5:523-530.
- Sanitizing Method Effects on Depending-Culture Microorganisms in Tuber aestivium (2015). Ilef Ben Romdhane, Neila Saidi,Shweta Deshaware, Salem Shamekh. Advances in Microbiology, 5:425-432.
- Cultivation Cultivation of Tuber aestivum/uncinatium in the boreal forest region in Finland (2014). Salem Shamekh, Tine Grebenc, Matti Leisola and Ossi Turunen. Mycological Progress
- Morrphological, mycorrhizal and molecular characterization of Finnish truffles
belonging to the Tuber anniae species-complex (2013). Xiang-Hua Wang, Gian Maria Niccolò Benucci, Xue-Dan Xie, Gregory Bonito, Matti Leisola, Pei-Gui Liu, Salem Shamekh. Fungal Ecology, Vol. 7 (4):269-280.
• Tuber foetidum found in Finland (2010). B. Orczan K, Turunen O, Merenyi Z,
Rudnoy S, Bratek Z and Shamekh S Mycotaxon 114:127-133.
- Wild Finnish Truffles (2009) Shamekh S., Donnini D., Zambonelli A. and Leisola M.
Acta Botanica Yunnanica :69-71.